Sunday, May 3, 2009

A good day

Well today was a good day. I had my first market this morning showing off "tillytom designs" and things went pretty well. It was absolutely freezing cold and my stall was situated in the shade for the whole morning but most of the passers by were lovely and stopped to inspect my goods. I received lots of comments - just a few "what a fun and colourful stall", "do you really handmake all these?", "you must have too much time on your hands" (if only!) and "finally, somebody making REAL handmade goodies!".
My biggest score was an invitation to a big craft fair being held here in 3 weeks time that is being run over a full weekend - so two full days of running a stall. It is by invitation only and all goods must be Australian handmade - absolutely no imported anything so it is going to interesting to see what the other stalls have (there are 21 stalls total). Looks like I am going to be busy busy sewing and crafting over the next few weeks!

Just a couple of pics of my stall today - sorry about the blurry photo, still learning how to use the new phone which has a great camera! (when I learn how to use it, lol)

Oh, and you can check out my madeit store!
Just click on the madeit link over there on the sidebar : )

5 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to hear you had a good day Anna - and congratulations on the invitation to the other market.

Miss Amy said...

woohoo sounds like you had fun! I really enjoy markets :) you'll have to let me know where this craft fair is... :p

Nikki said...

Congratulations for your first market. That's a great achievement... and a relief I imagine. The first one done! And to have another one lined up already - by invitation. Great.

PS... I get soooo sick of hearing "you must have too much time", blah blah blah. It's about being organised and making time. And more so, making yourself a priority. Well done.

Becky said...

Your stall looks great, as do all your products!

Congratulations on the invite only offer, your hard work deserves it.

Little Munchkins said...

Glad to hear you had a good day. I love your stall, it looks fantastic.

Congratulations on your invitation to the other market too.