Its finished! I have finally completed my first quilt, which is for Miss M. I found it quite enjoyable and already have plans for many more projects! I love the design and this fabric is growing on me more and more. The pictures really don't do it justice, the prints are so bright and beautiful on the fabrics. The fabric is Soiree by Lila Tueller and the pattern is Hip Baby by Busy Bee Quilt Designs which I purchased from the Fat Quarter Shop. I also had the help of some great blog tutorials; Free Motion Quilting with Oh Fransson! and Binding with Emma at Sampaguita Quilts.
Quilt Top

Quilt Back

Close up of binding and FMQ







7 comments:
Beautiful! A great job all round from the fabric selection to the sewing.
Fabulous work for your very first quilt :) you should be proud of yourself!
Just remembered I forgot to email you those binding instructions - glad you found Emma's worked (mine were too confusion in the end ;)
wow this is amazing. I wouldnt even know where to start on a quilt. well done!
This is your first quilt?? Amazing. It's lovely!
This is so gorgeous!
An amazing first effort, yay for you!!
It is beautiful! And the binding is so neat :O
Just had to pop over and see your use of Soiree? fabrics *heart* so pretty, Well done!!
Post a Comment