Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Some new fabric & a trial run library bag

Some new fabrics I got in the mail today. I love the 'What do you see?' fabric which I am planning to use as little pocket on the fronts of library bags. The large panel nursery rhyme fabric is a lot larger than I thought as I had the same idea for this fabric but obviously much too big! Possibly good for little cushions, pencil roll outers or I'm not really sure what else? Then there is some beatrix potter fabric, alexander henry tumbleweed tots, sock monkeys and a tiny bit of some dinosaur fabric that I thought would be good for appliques on t's.
And a very rough make up of a library bag (much smaller than what I am planning) in dark green cord with the pocket front. I love this cord fabric which I have quite a bit of as well as some pale pink that I found on the bargain table at SL for just $1.50 p/metre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fabric is so sweet Anna, where did you get the dinosaur one? My son is nuts about dinosaurs!

Karen said...

Anna I adore the Brown bear, brown bear fabric - I don't remember if I posted the things I have made with it - maybe not!
I did T-shirt appliques and also made each of the girls a tote bag - I found another print which shows the children from the same story on it - so lined the bags with that.
There's a board game of it too if you are interested!
Can you see I am a little obsessed...
Lovely haul!