I have finally made a start on Matilda's quilt and these are just some of the blocks. There are 45 blocks to do and I only have 9 to go - yay! Then there are 3.5" x 3.5" squares all around the edge before the binding. I can't believe how quickly it is coming along and really want to get it finished now. The hardest bit so far has been the very fiddly 1.5" x 1.5" squares, they are so tiny!ETA - Finished all the blocks now and layed them out roughly to get an idea of what it will look like. Still to add is the border of little squares all the way round, then the binding.





3 comments:
Gorgeous! The fabric is stunning and your blocks look great, I can't believe it's your first quilt. Can't wait to see it finished.
It is looking wonderful, and you have made great progress very quickly too!
It looks amazing! I have bought that fabric, and it's nice to see what it will look like in a quilt - I almost feel brave enough to cut it up ;)
Post a Comment