Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tilly's 1st Birthday Dress

This is the dress I have made for Matilda for her 1st birthday in January 09. It is from the Burda 9650 pattern, and my first attempt at making clothes after only making nappies and a few odds and ends. Now that I have completed this I am itching to make more clothes. It only took me a few hours, with many firsts at trying my handing at ruffling and making my own bias binding. The material was so delicate too and was fraying constantly, but a bargain at just $3 a metre in the quilting cotton bargain corner at SL. I am not sure whether I will add a tie around the waist to help pull it in a bit as it seems very wide/loose on in this area, doesn't help having a long skinny little possum. The length is perfect though. Will try and get a modelled pic later.
Close up of the bottom ruffles.

Close up of the top ruffle. I even managed to not stuff up my first attempt at making my own bias binding.

6 comments:

mummymadesigns said...

its gorgeous, well done a very good job! She will look adorable in it im sure

Carolyn said...

thats really georgeous!!

well done on your new sewing adventures

Andrea said...

Just gorgeous Anna, well done.

Natalie said...

This looks lovely, so pretty and cute! I too just made my first dress for Cheriese and can't wait to make some more.

Susan said...

How gorgeous! Beautiful work on the bias binding. Susan

Miss Silver Spoon Vintage said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments!